Via Giovanni XXIII – Cava de’ Tirreni
Sede coordinata –
Viale del Santuario – Nocera Superiore
Our School Istituto Tecnologico Statale “L. Vanvitelli” is a Technical School for Surveyors, located in Cava de’ Tirreni, very close to the Amalfi Coast and Salerno.
The School was founded on October 1st, 1962 thanks to the support of our local authority and the financial aids of the Province of Salerno. It was a branch of the Technical School “Genovesi” in Salerno. At first it was located in Della Corte Palace in Corso Umberto I and was named “Matteo Della Corte”. It offered 5 year courses of studies in two areas:
with five classes for each area.
Later when the school population increased, extra classrooms were added. On 23rd November 1980 a violent Earthquake destroyed part of the school so classes were delocated in different local schools.
In 1989/90, it started operating as an autonomy school and was located in Generale Luigi Parisi Street. At the beginning of the 1990’s the school was named “Luigi Vanvitelli” to honour the famous architect who had built the imposing Royal Palace in Caserta and many other important works.
Nowadays the Secondary Technical School “L.Vanvitelli” is located in Via Papa Giovanni XXIII in Cava. It has 29 classrooms, 18 in Cava de’ Tirreni and 11 classrooms in its own branch in Nocera Superiore at 7 kilometers from Cava.
THE TYPES OF CURRICULA IN OUR SCHOOL
There are two types of curricula in our school:
- construction, environment and territory
BASIC SCHOOL SUBJECTS
The students study Italian, English language, History, Science, PE, Chemistry, Physics, Informatics, Religion.
SOMETHING ABOUT THE TECHNICAL SUBJECTS TAUGHT IN OUR SCHOOL
- Technical drawing is a form of graphic communication. This type of drawing is used in the transforming of an idea into physical form. Today the mechanics of the drafting task have been greatly accelerated through the use of CAD systems.
- Building technology refers to the study and use of the building materials and the techniques to construct a building in particular the structural and interior fittings
- Topography (topo-, “place”, and graphia, “writing”) is the study of Earth’s surface features. It specifically involves the recording of relief or terrain, the three-dimensional quality of the surface, and the identification of specific landforms. It is often considered to include the graphic representation of the landform on a map by a variety of techniques.
- Plants is the study of Electrical system, Plumbing system, Heating , Air conditioning systems and alternative sources of energy.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCES AT THE END OF THE COURSE
Students will gain competence in a wide range of skills. They will be competent in the field of construction industries to use surveying tools and instruments , computers for graphing and calculation, to report technical and economic assessment of private property and public buildings, to use environmental resources. They will be proficient in graphic design, in the organization of building sites, in the estimation of land, buildings and other parts of the territory, and the rights of real concern to them, including cadastral operations and management of properties.
The students can work in different areas including the design of new buildings, refurbishment, specification and Supervision of construction work, alterations and extensions to existing buildings. They may also be involved in negotiations with property owners when building work affect their legal rights. Leaving students are also granted admission to any Italian University Departments.